If you’ve learnt anything about me I love platters and wine. My perfect afternoon will involve a group of friends, a nice bottle of pinot gris, a hot sunny day and a antipasto platter. Since becoming a diabetic crackers and have been a big NO NO. They are unfortunately fill of carbs and vegetable oils, and I do not have the self control to stop at one or two.
I have tried everything over the last couple of months; no crackers at all, cucumber for crackers, and nothing is the same as pilling a cracker with chutney, cream cheese and gouda. It made sense to try out a low carb cracker recipe full of nutrients and good fats. So finally after fine tuning the recipe, here it is. I already know a few people excited to start making these!
Low Carb Crackers
1 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
1cup of mixed seeds. (I used a mixture of sunflower, pumpkin and linseeds)
100g of grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tbsp of psyllium husk
125mL of water
1 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 170degrees
- In a bowl mix together all dry ingredients
- In a smaller bowl mix water and eggs, and add to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Spread mixture on a parchment sheet on a tray, depending on how thick you want the crackers. I prefer mine thin so I spread mine over 2 trays
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, and chop into desired size and shape
- Place back into the oven at 160 degrees for 20 minutes. Remember to keep an eye on them, no one likes burnt or browned crackers 😛
If you are worried that the crackers are completely dried through you can leave the crackers in the oven with the door open while the oven cools down.
Love, Sam x